Sunday 28 March 2010

Meera Syal and Karen Gillan Interviews

Karen Gillan and Meera Syal have spoken to two news paper sites about the new series. Karen who plays Amy Pond spoke to The Sunday Times and Meera talked to The Guardian.

Karen told The Sunday times: “The show’s got so many fans who feel quite protective over it, so every time I pick up a script I’m like: “Oh my God, how am I going to do that?” Amy’s a human girl who’s experiencing the most mind-blowing alien things. There’s always a moment when you think: “This is going to take some serious acting to make it truthful. It feels incredibly normal to be on the TARDIS now, because we’re in there so much. Matt has worked out what every single little twiddly bit on the console does and explains it to me, although I can never remember!” Read more....

Meera told The Guardian: “I have been longing to be in Doctor Who,” she said. “I’ve been knocking on the TARDIS door for years and it has finally opened.” The actress will be playing a geologist in episodes 8 and 9, who is “drilling to the centre of the Earth. I play a woman in a man's world" she says. These episodes are supposed to feature the Silurians. Read more....

No comments: