Monday 19 April 2010

Matt Smith to star in The Sarah Jane Adventures

 Matt Smith will follow in David Tennants footsteps as he will star in The Sarah Jane Adventures, the BBC has announced.

In the two-part story, The Doctor will be reunited with Sarah Jane and companion to The Third Doctor Jo Grant.Russell T Davies, executive producer on Sarah Jane and former Doctor Who showrunner will write the episode.

 Russell talks of the episode:
"It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us," said Sladen. "I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better."

Jo Grant actress Katy Manning has said:
"Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gobsmacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat. I come home [to the UK] and this is one of the first things that happens."

Nikki Wilson, co-executive producer on the series said: 
"Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story, full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet - a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."

Other guest stars for the fourth series will include Laila Rouass (Primeval), Cheryl Campbell and Harry Potter's David Bradley as the voice of the Shansheeth.One thing I want to know is what about Amy Pond?

No comments: